117 MAPLEWOOD ST., PO BOX 1478, BETHANY BEACH DE 19930 | 302-539-7444
Worship and Music
Worship and music: the heart of who we are
EVERY SUNDAY AT 9 AM
IN PERSON WORSHIP
Masks and physical distancing required.
We have resumed In Person Worship. All are welcome to attend, but please note our rules for worship at the current time:
* Masks must be worn. We will provide masks for anyone who needs them.
* When you arrive, your temperature will be taken.
* Entrance to the church will be via the large red doors on the corner of Maplewood St and S. Pennsylvania Ave.
* Physical distancing must be adhered to while waiting to enter church and when seated. Members of the same family may sit together.
* The Order of Service for that day, along with the readings and notices, will have been placed on the chair several days earlier. Please use this during the service and take it with you when you leave. Extra booklets will be available on request.
* Restrooms are closed except for emergencies.
* The Office and Parish Hall will be closed.
* There will be music, but the congregation are not permitted to sing.
* You will, however, be allowed to make your responses, recite the Creed etc.
* Offerings can be left in the collection plate at the back of the Sanctuary.
* Communion will be in one kind only. The priest will wash their hands and wear a mask before distributing communion. Communicants will line up before the altar to receive the host in the palm of their hand.
* In this warmer weather, members may wish to bring bottled water to the service.
* Hand sanitizers will be available in the church.
* There will be no coffee hour after the service. However, an online Coffee Hour is provided at 11 am.
Online worship will also be offered, for those unable to attend at church. Below are links to these services.
St. Martha’s also offers occasional lay-led worship opportunities such as Morning Prayer and Advent or Lenten Vespers.
There are also opportunities to serve in worship ministries such as usher, reader, Communion server, acolyte, and member of the Altar Guild.
Our Music Ministry
This is your personal invitation to become part of the music ministry at St. Martha’s. In our choirs you will always feel welcome.
Where are your gifts? Your voice? The Adult Choir rehearses every Wednesday night from 7 to 8:15. The choir sings an anthem and leads the hymns at the Sunday 10 a.m. worship service. All voice parts are welcome. And if you are a part-time visitor to Bethany Beach, feel free to join us when you are in town.
Your hands? Come ring in the Handbell Choir. The Seashell Ringers rehearse every Wednesday afternoon from 1 to 2. The ability to read music is not required. Most of the music played is Level 2. The bell choir rings at the 10 a.m. worship service about six times a year.
St. Martha’s also hosts occasional concerts. In recent years Capital Ringers, Celtic to Classical, CoroAllegro, Jazz SEAduction, and the Baltimore Children’s Chorus have performed. Benefit concerts for Operation SEAS the Day have also been a part of the schedule. Check the calendar for future concert dates.
Do you know of an instrumental or vocal group that would like to share their talent with the people of St. Martha’s and the community? Please let us know. Come make a joyful noise with the musicians of St. Martha’s!