117 MAPLEWOOD ST., PO BOX 1478, BETHANY BEACH DE 19930 | 302-539-7444
Worship and Music
Worship and music: the heart of who we are
EVERY SUNDAY AT 8 A.M. and 10 A.M.
Here is a reminder of our current worship protocols:
Consistent with current CDC guidelines, those who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks indoors, but we ask anyone who is not fully vaccinated to please continue to wear a mask at all times while indoors at St. Martha’s.
* Entrance to the church will be via the large red doors on the corner of Maplewood St and S. Pennsylvania Ave.
* The Order of Service for that day will be provided. Please leave it behind in church as it will be used next week.
* Scripture readings and a news sheet are included as separate leaflets. These may be taken when you leave.
* At the Peace, please remain in place, share a brief greeting of peace with your neighbor.
* A Collection will be taken during the Offertory Anthem.
* Holy Eucharist is served in the form of bread and wine. We respectfully request that most people who wish to receive wine from the chalice do so by drinking rather than intinction (dipping the host into the wine), as this is a more aseptic method of reception. If you do wish to intinct, please use hand sanitizer before coming to Communion and be careful not to touch the wine with your fingers.
*It is also fine to take the host only. The church teaches that all the graces and benefits of Communion are present in either or both of the elements. If you do not wish to receive the wine, please pause before the chalice-bearer and allow them to say the words, “The Blood of Christ” and make a gentle sign of reverence before proceeding back to your seat.
* Hand sanitizers will be available in the church.
St. Martha’s also offers occasional lay-led worship opportunities such as Morning Prayer and Advent or Lenten Vespers.
There are also opportunities to serve in worship ministries such as usher, reader, Communion server, acolyte, and member of the Altar Guild.
Our Music Ministry
This is your personal invitation to become part of the music ministry at St. Martha’s. In our choirs you will always feel welcome.
Where are your gifts? Your voice? The Adult Choir rehearses every Wednesday night from 7 to 8:15. The choir sings an anthem and leads the hymns at the Sunday 10 a.m. worship service. All voice parts are welcome. And if you are a part-time visitor to Bethany Beach, feel free to join us when you are in town.
Your hands? Come ring in the Handbell Choir. The Seashell Ringers rehearse every Wednesday afternoon from 1 to 2. The ability to read music is not required. Most of the music played is Level 2. The bell choir rings at the 10 a.m. worship service about six times a year.
St. Martha’s also hosts occasional concerts. In recent years Capital Ringers, Celtic to Classical, CoroAllegro, Jazz SEAduction, and the Baltimore Children’s Chorus have performed. Benefit concerts for Operation SEAS the Day have also been a part of the schedule. Check the calendar for future concert dates.
Do you know of an instrumental or vocal group that would like to share their talent with the people of St. Martha’s and the community? Please let us know. Come make a joyful noise with the musicians of St. Martha’s!